CORONAVIRUS UPDATE - In line with the measures of the British and Hungarian governments to ease the coronavirus lockdown, the Hungarian Embassy in London and the Consulate General of Hungary in Manchester resumed consular services on 2 June. For further details please click here.
- Please note that consular services are by appointment only.
- Please find more information on appointment booking, opening hours and public holidays at “Working hours, appointment”.
- Most cases are handled on the basis of personal appearance, however, some applications can be sent by post.
- If you send your application by post please also send a cover letter with your contact details (phone number, e-mail address).
- Appointments can be booked directly through our Appointment Booking System. For further information please visit the following link at “Working hours, appointment”.
- One person may book one appointment only for a consular service. If you book more appointments for the same consular service all of the appointments should be cancelled by the Consulate without prior notice.
- Please make sure that you arrive in time for your appointment. In case you can not come for your appointment you should cancel it in advance.
Preparations to be done
- Requirements for consular affairs can be found on the relevant pages of the website.
- Please read our website carefully.
- If you have questions please send e-mail to the Consulate (email@example.com)
- Please download and fill in all the required documents before coming to the Consulate . If you fail to prepare your application properly you might be advised to book a new appointment and come back later.
- Consular fees can be paid by cash or by debit card. Please note that after the 25th day of the month we can accept cash only. List of consular fees can be downloaded from the website (“Consular fees”).
At the Consulate
- Due to high number of applications we can not tolerate delays, therefore we ask you to arrive on time to your appointment. In case of delay you might be asked to book a new appointment and come back later.
- Please make sure that you have an appointment for the right consular case. To avoid any inconveniences please double-check the relevant information on the website: “Working hours, appointment”.
- Payment of the fee is the basic requirement of consular procedures. If you can not pay for the consular service at the time of application the procedure can not be started and you shall be asked to book a new appointment.
- There is no fast-track procedure at the Consulate. The expected lenght of the proceedings can be found on the website but this is for information only.
- If you are not satisfied with the work of the consular administrators you can ask the assistance of the consul.
- Please note that in most of the cases the Consulate only receives the applications and forward them to the competent Hungarian authority, therefore the Consulate can not accelerate the procedures. If you wish to get an update about your case please contact directly the competent Hungarian authority.
- You will be informed about the outcome of the procedure via email, phone or by post.
- Collection of passports or other documents is possible on weekdays between 9.30 am and 11.30 am without appointment.
Contact details, feedback
- If you need to contact the Consulate please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our intention is to provide high quality services for our clients, therefore we kindly aks you to share your opinion with us on our services.