Voluntary acknowledgement of paternity
In case the parents were not married when the child was born a voluntary acknowledgment of paternity is necessary for the registration of birth in Hungary. Voluntary acknowledgment of paternity can also be done before the birth of the child. You can download the necessary forms at the bottom of the page.Once the voluntary acknowledgment of paternity is made, application for registration of birth can be sent to the Consulate by post.
How to apply
In order to submit the application you have to come in person to the consulate for your appointment. Appointments can be booked:
• directly through our Appointment Booking System: https://ifr.mfa.gov.hu
• via email: email@example.com.
For further information please go to: ”Working hours, appoinments”. For information about the fees please visit the following link on our website: “Consular fees”.
Requirements for the procedure
• Both parents should be present;
• Both parents should present their valid passports or ID cards. In case of third country nationals only passport is acceptable! Please note that photocopies are not acceptable! You should present your original ID card/passport;
• The original birth certificate of the child. (In case of British documents the FULL birth certificate is required with the details of the parents!);
• No form should be brought. The necessary forms are generated and signed at the consulate during the appointment.
• Consular fee should be paid;
• If the mother’s marital status is divorced the divorce should be verified with a marriage certificate or a court order.
Further requirements for parents under 18
If the parents of the child are under 18 the legal representatives should appear in person at the Consulate. For the validity of the voluntary acknowledgment of paternity the father should be at least 16 years older than his child.
Copies of the acknowledgment shall be posted to the applicants within 10 days.
If you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or by phone.