Registration of death, permission for transportation of body
For general information about registration procedure please visit the following link on our website: “Registration of birth”.
Registration of death
1. Necessary documents:
• Original death certificate;
• Filled in application form (it can be downloaded from the bottom of this page);
• A legalised translation of the death certificate. The Consulate only legalises translations prepared by a translator or by the applicant!
• A copy of the Hungarian birth certificate of the deceased; (if the birth of the deceased has not been registered in Hungary it should be registered within the same procedure);
• Verification of Hungarian nationality (ID card, passport);
• Consular fee;
• An addressed A4 envelope with a "special delivery" stamp.
Permission for transportation of body
In order to receive the permission of the Consulate for the transportation of the body of the deceaased, the following documents are required:
• Application letter with the name of the deceased, last address, cause of death, details of transportation (departure, destination, way of transportation, license plate of the car, name of the driver/number of flight and name of airlines);
• Death certificate/interim death certificate;
• Copy of Hungarian ID card/passport of the deceased;
• „Out of England order”
• Confirmation from the Hungarian cemetery of the receipt of the body.
For information about the fees please visit the following link on our website:“Consular fees”.
For transportation of ashes no permit is needed from the Consulate but we strongly advise you to contact the airlines in advance to clarify the possible requirements.