Updated on 04 May 2021
GRADUAL REINTRODUCTION OF CONSULAR SERVICES IN ENGLAND AND SCOTLAND - CORONAVIRUS/ COVID-19 UPDATE
In February 2021 both --> England and --> Scotland published their own roadmap out of current lockdown rules. In line with these roadmaps, Hungarian consulates in England and Scotland can gradually reintroduce previously suspended consular services. Due to remaining social distancing rules, consulates still cannot operate in full capacity therefore you are kindly requested to book an appointment only if your application is urgent. For visa information please click here.
Examples of exceptional circumstances:
- A passport application is considered as urgent when the previous passport has already expired or expires within the next 2 months and you don't have other travel document (such as a Hungarian ID or foreign, ie. British passport); Please avoid double bookings: we can only take either a passport application or an ID application per person at a time. Double bookings will be cancelled automatically.
- Registration of birth is considered as urgent, especially when the child's only nationality is Hungarian
- Legalisation of signature is considered as urgent when it is necessary to avoid international travel
Appointmens shall be booked --> online
The health and safety of our colleagues and clients remain our top priority. Therefore we kindly ask you:
- TO MANAGE YOUR APPOINTMENT IN CASE YOU HAVE CORONAVIRUS SYMPTOMS / use the link in your email confirmation to modify / cancel your appointment
- TO ARRIVE AT THE CONSULATE ONLY WHEN YOUR APPOINTMENT IS DUE IN 5 MINUTES;
- TO USE HAND SANITIZER AND FACE COVERING ONCE YOU ENTERED THE CONSULATE / please bring your own mask
- TO WAIT OUTSIDE IF YOU ARE ACCOMPANYING THE PERSON HAVING BUSINESS WITH US.
Please keep following the instructions of the British authorities:
- England: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Wales: https://gov.wales/coronavirus
- Northern-Ireland: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/campaigns/coronavirus-covid-19
- Scotland: https://www.gov.scot/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance/
Please monitor these sites regularly since updates are likely to be made swiftly.
Thank you for your understanding and kind cooperation.